Monday 18 May 2009

The beginning













Hi,



Before I start I would like to apologize in advance if my grammar etc are faulty as English is not my first language.



I grew up in Israel. My mum used to have a knitting shop so me and yarn and knitting go back a long way..



On my needles at the moment is a beautiful classic piece of Marion Foale. I'm sure many of you are familiar with her designs. very tailored, very textured. She made a few appearances in the rowan books but We (My knitting group in Rosie's wine bar , Southsea, Portsmouth) have spotted her kits and patterns in WOMAN'S WEEKLY, out of all places!.. Few of us fell in love with the' thyme green Jacket', and a knit along started.

The pattern calls for Marion Foale's dk sport wool which looks a bit optimistic as the gauge is 29 sts... Anyway I used rowan's 4 ply soft,'leafy' and those chevron and double moss stitches are well defined. I find it very satisfying to knit: easy to memorise but not that simple.
So far I've finished the back, two fronts, colar, buttons..
I'll publish it as soon as I will figure out the technical bits...



















1 comment:

  1. Good! My English is not perfect neither (3rd language after Frenchand Dutch...obligatory in Belgium if you want to find a job... and German because I'm fifty-fifty) so I surely won't notice anything!
    Moreover I'm facinated with your handmades ;)

    ReplyDelete