Monday 16 December 2013

Choclate stout - detail close up



I'm so loving this. The pattern is chocolate stout by Thea Colman from Baby Cocktails.
It just ticks all good points for me for this time of the year. Nice thick and springy aran weight with a shawl ribbed collar, quick but interesting textured patterning , comfy turned over cuffs and two useful front pockets.
 


 
 







It was hard to photograph as every small tilt of the camera totally changed the colour It is more dark purple , like a dried up purple grape, almost a raisin shade. Semi variegated dyed but the expertise hands of Beata from Hedgehog fibres. I just love all those purple and brown notes and the yarn quality is superb.



I used tubular cast on and bind off everywhere: on the bottom rib hem, cuffs, shawl long bind off and even the pockets' top edges. It take more time especially with the tubular bind off where you use grafting (I don't use sewing needle for that) but for me that little finish touch just lift the garment to another level.
















 
Sleeves are done so I'm almost ready to show you the end result .. x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment